Vegetarian Curry Pau
Ingredients A: For stir-frying
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ onion *
- 2 cloves garlic*
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 carrot **
- 2 tomatoes**
- ½ red capsicum **
- 1 Japanese cucumber – cut lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon salt
* Chopped ** Cut into cubes
- Heat cooking oil.
- Add onion and curry powder and fry until fragrant.
- Add water followed by carrot.
- Cook until carrot soften.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum and Japanese cucumber.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- 1 teaspoon yeast #
- ½ teaspoon sugar #
- 1 ½ cups Pau flour
- ½ cup luke warm water
- ½ cup Pau flour ##
- 4 tablespoon sugar ##
- 1 teaspoon vegetable fat ##
- ½ teaspoon double action baking powder ##
# Mix with 4 tablespoon luke warm water
- Add yeast mixture to Pau flour. Mix well.
- Add luke warm water little by little and knead dough until dough thickens.
- Let dough to rest for about 40 minutes.
- Add ingredients D into dough little by little.
- Knead well.
- Separate dough into 12 parts and rounded them.
- Use rolling pin to press dough making a round medium thick of flat skin.
- Add 1/12 of filling and close the skin, shaped into a ball.
- Steam for 15 minutes with high heat.
- Serve while Pau are still hot.