Pumpkin Egg Dessert
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin, cut into cube
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divide into 2 parts, ½ for pumpkin mixture, and ½ for pineapple mixture
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 round pieces of pineapple in a tin (pineapple cut in thick syrup), drained the syrup
- Boil water in a pot and add egg. Let boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove egg from pot and remove the skin carefully under running cold water (if egg is still hot to handle).
- Cut egg into half and remove the yolk. Set aside.
- Steam cut pumpkin for 10 minutes until pumpkin softens and fluffy (use the same pot).
- Mashed pumpkin using a fork turning the pumpkin into puree.
- Add cinnamon powder and half of the sugar into the pumpkin puree. Mixed well.
- Fill the middle part of half the egg with pumpkin puree and set aside.
- Heat oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, put both pieces of rounded cut pineapple on a baking tray and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar.
- Place baking tray into the oven and bake for 3 minutes or until pineapples turn to brownish (due to the brown sugar caramelizing).
- Place pineapple on a serving plate and place the pumpkin filled egg in the middle of the pineapple ring. Serve while still hot.